Originally posted: December 04, 2002
Who should read this bulletin: Customers using Microsoftģ Internet Explorer
Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure
Maximum Severity Rating: Moderate
Recommendation: Customers should consider deploying the patch.
End User Bulletin: An end user version of this bulletin is available at: http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms02-068.asp
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
Download locations for this patch
- Microsoft Knowledge Base article 324929 discusses this issue and will be available approximately 24 hours after the release of this bulletin. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support Services. There is no charge for support calls associated with security patches.
Security Resources: The Microsoft TechNet Security Web Site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (December 04, 2002): Bulletin Created.