Read This First
This update eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 2 (SP2) and Internet Explorer 6, and addresses the "Incorrect Content-Disposition Handling Can Cause IE to Execute Code Automatically" security vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 and 6, and is discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-058.
Download now to protect your computer from all previously discussed security vulnerabilities affecting Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 and 6, as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities: the File Execution vulnerability, a variant of the Frame Domain Verification vulnerability, and the File Name Spoofing vulnerabilty.
For more information about these vulnerabilities, read Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-058.
This update applies to:
- Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2
- Internet Explorer 6.
How to Download and Install
- Select your language from the drop-down list above and click GO.
- Click the Security Update link to begin the download.
- Choose Run this program from its current location and click OK, (in Internet Explorer 6, click Open).
- Click Yes if asked whether you would like to install and run Q313675.exe.
- Click Yes to begin the installation process.
How to use
Restart your computer to complete the installation.
How to uninstall
Uninstall is not available.