Read Me First
This update resolves the "Program Hangs During Unload with
Secure Connection" issue in Windows NTŪ 4.0 DEC Alpha.
Download now to prevent problems while using a dynamic-link
library (DLL) which may cause your computer to stop responding
or download improperly. If you run a program linked to a DLL,
and that DLL connects to a secure server using Secure Sockets
Layer (SSL) and Wininet.dll application interfaces, the
program may not download properly and your computer may stop
Important This update should only be applied to
systems that are experiencing this specific problem. If you
are not experiencing this specific problem, Microsoft
recommends that you wait for the next Windows NT 4.0 service
pack that contains this update.
For additional information, please read the Microsoft
Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q238934.
This update applies to the following versions of Windows
NTŪ 4.0 with Service Pack 4 or later:
- Windows NT 4.0 Workstation
- Windows NT 4.0 Server
- Windows NT 4.0 Server, Enterprise Edition
How to download and install
save your work and close all open programs before installing.
- Click x86 (Intel) Version or Compaq DIGITAL
Alpha Version above.
- Select your language from the drop down list provided.
- Click Next.
- Click Download Now.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
How to use
Please restart your computer to complete the install.
How to uninstall
- Click Start, point to Settings and click
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Windows 4.0 Hotfix [See Q238934 for more
information] and click Add/Remove to uninstall.