Security Update, July 13, 2000
Select your language from the drop-down list below and
Read Me First
This update resolves the "Recycle Bin Creation" security
vulnerability in Windows NT® 4.0. Under very specific
conditions, a malicious user may be able to gain inappropriate
access to files in the Recycle Bin. To exploit this
vulnerability, the malicious user must log on to your computer
at your keyboard. Download now to prevent a malicious user
from creating, modifying, or deleting files in your computer's
For more information about this vulnerability, please read
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS00-007.
(This site is in English.)
System Requirements This update applies to the
following operating systems:
- Windows NT Workstation 4.0
- Windows NT Server 4.0
- Windows NT Server 4.0, Enterprise Edition
How to download and install
- Select your language from the drop-down list above.
- Click Next.
- On the following page, click Download Now.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, select Run
this Program from its Current Location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation
at a later time, select Save this Program to Disk.
- Click OK.
How to use
Restart your computer to complete the installation.
How to uninstall
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then
click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Windows 4.0 Hotfix [See Q248399 for more
information] and click Add/Remove to uninstall.