Read Me First
Installing this update will eliminate the "Malformed RTF
Control Word" security vulnerability. This vulnerability
resides in the Rich Text Format (RTF) reader that ships as
part of Microsoft® Windows NT® 4.0. Under certain conditions,
the vulnerability could be used to cause e-mail programs to
For more information on this vulnerability, please visit Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS00-005.
This update applies to the following versions of Windows NT
- Windows NT 4.0 Workstation
- Windows NT 4.0 Server
- Windows NT 4.0 Server, Enterprise Edition
- Windows NT 4.0 Sever, Terminal Server Edition
How to download and install
Please save your work and close all open applications before
- Click the Download link above.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
How to use
Please restart your computer to complete the
install.How to uninstall
No uninstall is available for this component.