Read Me First
This update eliminates the "Malformed Hit-Highlighting
Argument" security vulnerability. Download now to prevent a
malicious Web surfer from viewing files on your computer.
Without this update, a malicious user running Web services and
file indexing services could gain unauthorized access to view
For more information on this vulnerability, please visit Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS00-006.
This update applies to the following versions of Windows NT
- Windows NT 4.0 Server
- Windows NT 4.0 Server, Enterprise Edition
How to download and install
save your work and close all open programs before installing.
- Click Intel (x86) Version or Compaq DIGITAL
Alpha Version above.
- Select your language from the drop down list provided.
- Click Next.
- Click Download Now.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
How to use
Please restart your computer to complete the install.
How to uninstall
- Click Start, point to Settings and click
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Windows 4.0 Hotfix [See Q252463 for more
information] and click Add/Remove to uninstall.