Read Me First
This update eliminates the "Malformed TCP/IP Print Request"
vulnerability found in the TCP/IP Printing Services for
Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 (in Windows 2000, the service
is referred to as "Print Services for Unix"). This is an
optional service used primarily in mixed Windows NT-Unix
environments, and is not installed by default. Installing this
update will prevent a malicious user from disrupting printing
services on a network that has installed TCP/IP Printing
Services. The native Windows NT and Windows 2000 printing
service is not affected by this vulnerability.
For more information on this vulnerability, please visit Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS00-021.
This update applies to the following versions of Windows NT
4.0 with Service Pack 4 or higher:
- Windows NT 4.0 Workstation
- Windows NT 4.0 Server
- Windows NT 4.0 Server, Enterprise Edition
How to download and install
Please save your work and close all open programs before
- Click Intel (x86) Version or Compaq DIGITAL
Alpha Version above.
- Select your language from the drop down list provided.
- Click Next.
- Click Download Now.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
How to use
Please restart your computer to complete the install.
How to uninstall
- Click Start, point to Settings and click
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Windows 4.0 Hotfix [See Q257870 for more
information] and click Add/Remove to uninstall.