Read Me First
This update resolves the "ResetBrowser Frame" and
"HostAnnouncement Flooding" security vulnerabilities in
Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0. Installing this update will
prevent a malicious user from denying network users the
ability to locate services or other computers on the network.
Without this update, the malicious user may also be able to
provide inaccurate information to network users.
For more information on this vulnerability, please visit
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS00-036.
How to download and install
save your work and close all open programs before
- Click the x86 (Intel) or Compaq DIGITAL
Alpha link above to download the version of the update
that applies to your computer.
- Select your language from the drop-down list provided on
the following page and click Next.
- On the last page, click Download Now and follow
the instructions on your screen.
How to use
Restart your computer to complete the
How to uninstall
- Click Start, point to Settings and click
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Windows 4.0 Hotfix [See Q262694 for more
information] and click Add/Remove to uninstall.