Read Me First
This update resolves the "High Encryption Configuration
Prevents Outlook Express Replies" issue in some Windows NT 4.0
computers. A Windows NT 4.0 computer is only vulnerable if it
is configured with 128-bit encryption and the Input Locale is
set to French. If a computer with this configuration receives
an Outlook Express e-mail message from a computer with 56-bit
encryption, replying to this e-mail message may cause the
computer with 128-bit encryption to stop responding.
For more information on this update, please read Microsoft
Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q263305.
How to download and install
save your work and close all open programs before
- Click the x86 (Intel) or Compaq DIGITAL
Alpha link above to download the version of the update
that applies to your computer.
- Select your language from the drop-down list provided on
the following page and click Next.
- On the last page, click Download Now and follow
the instructions on your screen.
How to use
Restart your computer to complete the
How to uninstall
- Click Start, point to Settings and click
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Windows 4.0 Hotfix [See Q263305 for more
information] and click Add/Remove to uninstall.