Security Update, December 5, 2000
Select your language from the drop-down list below and
Read Me First
This update resolves the "Incomplete TCP/IP Packet"
security vulnerability in Windows NT® 4.0. If a malicious user
sends a large number of specifically malformed data packets to
a Windows NT 4.0 computer on a network that uses the NetBIOS
over TCP/IP (NBT) protocol, the affected computer temporarily
stops responding to all network requests. This occurs because
Windows NT 4.0 cannot process these data packets correctly
using the NBT protocol. In rare cases, an attack can cause the
affected computer to remain unresponsive until it is rebooted.
Download now to ensure your Windows NT 4.0 computer is able to
process invalid TCP/IP packets correctly.
For more information on this vulnerability, please read
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS00-091.
This update applies to:
- Windows NT 4.0 Workstation
- Windows NT 4.0 Server
How to download and install
- Select your language from the drop-down list above.
- Click Next.
- On the following page, click Download Now.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, select Run
this Program from its Current Location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation
at a later time, select Save this Program to Disk.
- Click OK.
computer to complete the installation.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then
click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Windows 4.0 Hotfix [See Q275567 for more
information] and click Add/Remove to uninstall.