Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-056
Originally posted: November 20, 2001
Who should read this bulletin: Customers using Microsoft® Windows Media™ Player 6.4, 7, 7.1 or Windows Media Player for Windows XP
Impact of vulnerability: Run code of attacker’s choice.
Maximum Severity Rating: Critical
Recommendation: Customers running affected products should apply the patch immediately.
- Windows Media Player 6.4
- Windows Media Player 7
- Windows Media Player 7.1
- Windows Media Player for Windows XP
Download locations for this patch
- Windows Media Player 6.4, 7, or 7.1:
- Windows Media Player for Windows XP:
- Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q308567 discusses this issue and will be available approximately 24 hours after the release of this bulletin. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support Services. There is no charge for support calls associated with security patches.
Security Resources: The Microsoft TechNet Security Web Site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (November 20, 2001): Bulletin Created.
|Contact Us | E-mail this Page | TechNet Newsletter|